School of Business of Belarusian State University
The Belarusian State University (BSU) is one of the most important scientific, educational, innovation, and cultural centers of the Republic of Belarus. The University exercises its potential based on the advanced local and cross-cultural experience to satisfy the cultural, intellectual, and social needs of the Belarusian society. The university also promotes the sustainable development of Belarus. It was founded on 30 October, 1921 and became the oldest university in the republic.
The University Strategy is based on the creative cooperation between professors and students and aims to:
- implement educational, research, and innovation programs
- provide a favorable environment for the development of a person’s intellectual and creative potential
- maintain and protect the best traditions of university classical education
- secure a reputable position in the global education community
BSU in International Rankings
According to the most respected international rating agencies, BSU is in the 1,5% of the best universities in the world.
One of the strategic priorities for BSU is to participate in international rankings. This allows the University to become a full-fledged member of the international educational community while bringing academic and scientific research processes into accordance with international rules and standards in the field of education.
Out of the 30,000 universities around the world, BSU ranks steadily among the top 1.5% universities according to the QS World University Rankings, the Best Global University, U. S. News, etc. Since 2017, BSU has been Belarus' only university in Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) by academic subjects. It ranks 401–500 in Physics. BSU e-library is among the world’s top 50 open access repositories according to the Transparent Ranking of Repositories.
In general, BSU regularly participates in 11 global and 7 subject rankings of 12 international agencies, including the Big Three (QS, THE, and ARWU), as well as other mass universities rankings.
School of Business of Belarusian State University (SB BSU) (est. in 1996) is an independent structural unit of the educational complex of the Belarusian State University.
It is accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus for the right to carry out training in 5 specialties of Bachelor’s Degree, 12 specialties of Master’s Degree, 16 specialties of retraining of executives and specialists.
The School defines its purpose as:
- Training competent, competitive specialists and managers, as well as highly qualified scientists
- Providing full scope to obtain a set of educational services in the field of management, economics, business, logistics, finance and information technology
- Growing future specialists into specialists with active citizenship, high spirituality, and social responsibility
- Development of creative abilities in students, their involvement in active research activities, and participation in innovative solutions of the international level
- Active partnership in the system of national and international scientific, educational, and innovative cooperation
- Development of social partnership and corporate culture based on high ethical standards
In July 2018, MHR GI signed a historic agreement with the SB BSU for the joint execution of a wide range of programs in the academic and capacity building fields covering high-level education like Executive MBA and Master in Executive Leadership as well as several professional Mini Masters in addition to a variety of capacity building programs covering the business community needs.
Dr. Hassan Al Nouri has become a guest professor for the SB BSU Bachelor’s and MBA programs, delivering lectures on Strategic Management, Marketing and Corporate Management as well as joined the State Examination Committee for the theses defense.